It is that time, dear ones! Time for you to gently take hold of the reigns of your mind with guidance in your first Blue Island Meditation.
For those of you feeling nervous or shy about signing up or about showing up, let us help you out by giving you a step by step of how to prepare and what to expect.
To prepare for your first meditation class:
- Wear comfortable clothing. Make sure your waist isn’t being squeezed, your clothing isn’t tight, and that your body feels comfortable to sit for a period of time.
- Make sure you have something to sit on or lie down on. Ideally we will sit, but this is not always the easiest place for a person to start. You can bring a yoga mat, a beach towel, a blanket, or a cushion, or some combination of all these things.
- Hydration is important. Bring water! As the days get warmer and the sun rises earlier, we will want to make sure we are comfortable and cool in the outdoors. Our meditation spot is nicely shaded, but come prepared anyway.
- Bring a journal or a notebook and something to write notes with. We will be taking practices into each day for the week ahead and you will be invited to think and make some notes and lists along the way.
- Move slowly through your morning. Wake up early if you can. Try not to rush. Prepare your energy for delicious quiet in good and silent company.
If you miss a class, don’t be afraid to come to the next one. Our classes are geared for all levels of experience and you can jump in at any time. There is no progression, no test, no competition, no measure of progress… nothing to be stressed out about!
See you soon!